Please note that a visa does NOT guarantee entry into Belize, it is at the immigration officers’ discretion to allow entry into the country. Due to the Ebola Virus Threat at present there remain travel restrictions on people coming from Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea. Please allow ample time to apply for a visa before travelling. The processing of visas, in some cases, may take between 3 to 4 weeks.
All visitors must travel to Belize on a valid, non-
- Any person who is the holder of a valid USA MULTIPLE ENTRY visa or a Permanent Residency Card.
- Citizens of the EU and their dependent territories.
- Citizens of the CARICOM, with the exception of Haiti.
- Citizens of the USA and dependent territories.
- Citizens of Brazil, Colombia, Panama, Costa Rica, Chile, Guatemala, Iceland, Mexico, Norway, Switzerland, South Africa, Tunisia, Uruguay and Switzerland.
- Citizens of the Commonwealth Realms & Monarchies, and their dependent territories.
- Citizens of the Commonwealth Republics with the exception of the following: Bangladesh, Nauru, Cameroon, Pakistan, Chad, Sri Lanka, India, Mozambique, some East African Countries.
Nationals of all other countries REQUIRE a visa to enter Belize. To confirm whether or not you need a visa, click on this link.
In order to stay longer than 30 days as a tourist an Extension of Stay application must be submitted whilst in Belize at any of the Immigration Offices. It is best to submit an application at least 2 – 3 days before the 30 days period expires. This incurs a fee of BZ $100.
The following documents MUST accompany the visa application form when submitted to a Belize consulate:
1. Your Passport with at least 6 months validity of the length of time of you travel
2. One recent passport-sized photograph measuring 2 inches x 2 inches
3. Proof of Travel Arrangements: valid flight booking and travel itinerary
4. Proof of Accommodation: hotel confirmation or full contact details of host in Belize
5. Proof of Financial Means: copies of most recent bank statements, or if you are travelling for business a letter from your Financial Officer
6. Travel Insurance
7. Letter of Reference from your current employer
8. Letter of Invitation from host: family and friends in Belize must show clear connection with applicant and include a copy of their passport of Social Security Card, or for business and official visits a letter of invitation on headed paper from host is required